Thursday, November 21, 2013

Oxford Blues Fall in Divisional Playoffs 7-4

Game 13: Semi Finals: FIU Alumni 7, Oxford Blues 4
Game 14: Finals: n/a
Harlem River Park #2
September 18, 2013


After winning the division, the Oxford Blues advanced another playoffs where they were promptly dispatched by the FIU Alumni by the score of 7-4. It was a disappointing loss as the Oxford Blues bats were more silent than usual and the defense was not quite flawless, but nevertheless, still a successful season! There was a brief scare in the 5th or 6th inning when Max Richman, playing short, drifted out to left field for a flyball, colliding with Tim Allen.  Fortunately there were no injuries.

"What am I supposed to do?" Coach Repino says. "Max hits two home runs a game. If he wants to give someone a concussion that's his prerogative."

"Why do you always make me sounds like a secretary," Elyse Turr asked. "I am always answering the phone."

"I think it's pretty clear I'm the secretary," I said.

Max S
Zach H
Max R --- Home Run
Tim A
Jeremy W-I
Rob R
Erin M
Sara M
Elyse T
Jenny D







No comments: