Thursday, June 14, 2007

Game 6: Oxford Shuts out Scripps, 7-0

The rumors were correct. The "59th St. Field/Queensboro Oval-#1" is actually a red clay field located directly under the Queensboro bridge. Unfortunately, our opponent did not have enough players to field a team so they had to forefeit which gives us an official win with a 7-0 score. The Blues made the best of the situation though and got in some batting practice on the dangerously slick field. Since there isn't much else to report, I'll leave you with the immortal words of the Red Hot Chili Peppers:

I don’t ever want to feel
Like I did that day
Take me to the place I love
Take me all the way

Under the bridge downtown
Is where I drew some blood
Under the bridge downtown
I could not get enough
Under the bridge downtown
Forgot about my love
Under the bridge downtown
I gave my life away

No comments: